Sunday, March 31, 2013

Trapeze Show...





   Had our semi-regular friends and family show at Trapeze High this afternoon. In addition to catching a wonderful group of fliers- including my beautiful and amazing girlfriend- and helping my son out with his first circus performance, I also took some time to shoot the show, got some really good portraits of the flyers before the show and some good shots during the show. One of the best circus photographers out there, Darin Basile, was the main shooter, so I sat in the apron under the board and tried to get a different angle. Fantasies Muse also came to see the show and to shoot a bit as well.
   Didn't really have any earth shaking photography revelations today, but it was nice to be reminded how much faster and easier editing is on a nice, well lit shoot, even with Excalibur. And it was fun to put the D4 in machine gun mode and just let it rip a few times. I guess if I really had to nail down a lesson of the day, it would be never forgetting to go with the flow and be spontaneous. The portraits were all taken about 5 minutes before showtime, wasn't planned, it just sort of happened. It would have been easy to put the camera away and get ready to go fly, but I shot anyway, and those turned out to be the majority of my favorite shots of the day. 
   Got home to some excellent suggestions and feedback for the blog in my inbox, thanks to the two of you (you know who you are) so this post is mostly a test of some new settings. The picture above should link to the gallery and the rest of the trapeze show pics, but if not you can see them here. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment