Monday, March 27, 2017

Wow. Kids soccer is tougher than adult/teen levels!


    Seriously. I have posted before about shooting prep school level soccer and college rugby. Both of these were easy compared to shooting a 4/5 year old soccer team.



    I've played soccer for years, so I understand the flow of the game. I know what to look for- or so I thought. Kids soccer, not so much. The teen/adult players spread out across the field. They make long crossing passes. Not so much in this league, they mostly clump around the ball, wherever it goes.


    It was surprisingly difficult to get good individual shots of the players, you're definitely seeing the highlights here, most of the images just looked like small huddles with a ball in the center. Of course, a couple of the kids were pretty hard core, despite being only 5 years old...




   On the other hand, some of the kids needed a little extra help from the (extremely patient) coach to get where they needed to be...


    It was also hard to maneuver on the sidelines, because the parents who have done this before pretty much lined the sides of the field with pop up chairs, coolers and picnic blankets. Full disclosure, I wasn't there because I was hired, I was there to document my son's first soccer game. They rotated the kids in and out, so I wasn't always focused on the game. In fact, some of my favorite shots were of the sideline action


   And I can't forget my son's adoring fans....


   Anyway, it was a fun way to spend a saturday morning, I managed to get a few good shots, and I learned not to underestimate anything I am shooting, kids soccer was actually much harder to shoot well than I anticipated.


No comments:

Post a Comment