Saturday, October 10, 2015

Gear Review: HydroFlask True Pint glass

    Ok, I am in San Antonio, been living out of hotels for the last month, the first two didn't have desks and had less than idea wifi, so didn't manage to get a lot done. The current hotel has a decent work space and passable wifi, so I am getting caught up on editing. There will be a picture filled post of two coming up shortly once I get images to all the people who are waiting on them. I am also hopefully a few weeks away from closing on an awesome property where I will have lots of great spots to shoot with various scenery and a decent space for a home studio. 

  But that is for the future. For now, as I get caught up with editing, I am realizing just how awesome my Hydroflask True Pint glasses are. Ever since my wife bought me a one of their growlers I have been a fan of pretty much everything they make, I have a 32oz water bottle that I take as my daily companion, got a second one for my wife. Just to give an idea how awesome these things are, if we put cold water into them in the morning, let them sit in a car parked in San Antonio summer heat (say 97F and 85% humidity) for 6 hours, the outside of the bottle will be so hot to the touch that we need a towel to hold it, but the water inside is still just as cold as it was when we poured it in- with no ice or anything inside the bottle needed. Anyway, these things are magic. 

   So, how does this tie to photography? Well, when I went to order that second bottle for my wife, I noticed they also make pint glasses. Decided to get a couple to stick in the trailer for camping and festivals. Thought there would be no use for them at home, but I was wrong. Brought one with me on the road trip, because I could toss it into the luggage without fear of it breaking since it's metal. Didn't think much of it at first, but it's really changed my editing life. 

   I happen to work better when I have a nice cold pint of beer sitting next to my computer while I edit, or a nice glass of wine, depending on my mood. But, if I had a really cold glass of delicious beer, first off it would get the condensation and get my work space wet, which is less than idea when computers, tablets, memory cards and the like are lying around. Then, I would either have to pound said beer very quickly or risk getting distracted with a long photoshop session and finding my drink had gotten all warm on me. The hydroflask pint fixes both of those problems. The vacuum insulation keeps the cup from condensing, no matter how cold the beer, and it's good enough insulation that even if I nurse a pint over an hour of editing, the last sip is just as cold as the first. It's such a little thing, but it makes an editing session much more pleasant and enjoyable. 

  So, if you like cold beer, and you are looking for a very convenient way to enjoy that cold beer, grab yourself a few of these. They stack, they don't break, hold 16oz, and keep it cold for longer than I really can make a pint of beer last. Camping, editing, blogging, or if you just want an unbreakable beer glass, give these a shot, or any of the other hydroflask products. They are worth every penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment