Friday, May 31, 2013

A new experiment - my first showing!

Flier for my first official Showing.... Info below.




    So, I was once again on my favorite place for work and entertainment, Craigslist, and saw an ad for RAW Artists, looking for new artists. Sent in an application, and got picked to do an event on June 20th. Not really sure what to make of this gig. Their site looks good, and I really like their mission of giving exposure to up and coming talent (in this case, I hope, mine!) The catch is, they fund their events by requiring a minimum ticket sales amount from participating artists. I need to sell at least 20 tickets to my fan base or I will actually wind up owing them for the show in addition to the outlay for prints and setup.

    This is where you, my fan base, come in. I will be turning this into a Facebook event and sending an invite out that way as the date gets closer, but if you are reading this, located in San Diego, and think it looks like a cool event, no reason to wait. You can get tickets in my name HERE!

    Not sure what to expect really. I will have a 10x10ft chain link fence to set up with provided by the venue, and a light. That's it. Looks like there are two other photographers. My plan right now is to use half the space to display prints of various sizes, and make the other half of the space into a small photo booth. So people can come in, get a portrait or fun pic done, take a card, and get prints later off my web site, or a digital copy to post on their FB or whatever. It looks like a pretty industrial club with some good beams, if I can manage a spot under a good rigging point I will put up a low trapeze bar or hammock and get people taking pics on the apparatus, which should be cool and really set me apart, but that will be location dependent.

    So, taking another giant leap into the unknown- could use a little help from you- my readers. Other than the obvious way of helping me out by buying tickets and showing up, If you have a particular favorite image(s) you think would be great to print up and showcase, let me know which ones you recommend. If you are in one of my images and don't mind it being placed up for sale, let me know and we'll do a model release and I will split the sale profit with you. If you have any good ideas for how to make my booth interesting and this first adventure a success, pass them my way. Finally, if you happen to be a graphic artist or designer and feel like hooking me up with a banner in exchange for some photo work, drop me a line. But mostly, just come out, have a good time, enjoy the show, get your pic taken and keep me company for a while. Dark beers also accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment